Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionEFL Oral Approach is a digital copy of nine symposium papers presented at the Georgetown University TESOL Convention, July 12, 1985 to reconsider and reevaluate the effect that [Charles Carpenter] Fries had on ... teaching and learning foreign languages, particularly English as a Foreign Language at the English Language Institute, University of Michigan, 1940s-1980s. (Papers were originally published in 1989 by Georgetown University Press as Charles Carpenter Fries: His 'Oral Approach' for Teaching and Learning Foreign Languages. ) The symposium goal was to correct common misconceptions (which continue to exist in the literature) that the Oral Approach was audio-lingual (it wasn't, it was aural-oral), behavioristic (, meaning-based), mimicry-memorization (, meaning-cued responses), mechanistic (, communicative), pattern drill (, pattern practice). Papers were presented in three sections: Setting, Concepts: the 'Oral Approach' in Practice, Methodologies: Materials and Instruction, followed by a Discussion and an Issues and Observations afterword. Symposium participants were: William G. Moulton, Edward M. Anthony, Peter H. Fries, William E. Norris; Betty Wallace Robinett, Frederick J. Bosco, Jeris E. Strain; Joan Morley, Joyce Gilmour Zuck. Discussion was by F. J. Bosco and Diane Larsen-Freeman; Issues and Observations were by J. E. Strain.
- Date of Publication06/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Edited byJeris E Strain
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.