About this product
- DescriptionAn illuminating, humanizing portrait of a famous scientist. Booklist, starred review All his life, Charles Darwin hated controversy. Yet he takes his place among the Giants of Science for what remains an immensely controversial subject: the theory of evolution. Darwin began piecing together his explanation for how all living things change or adapt during his five-year voyage on HMS Beagle. But it took him twenty years to go public, for fear of the backlash his theory would cause. Once again, Kathleen Krull delivers a witty and astute picture of one of history's greatest scientists.
- Author BiographyKathleen Krull, the noted social historian, lives in San Diego, California. Boris Kulikov, the illustrator of this series, lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Kathleen Krull
- PublisherPuffin Books
- Date of Publication24/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleGiants of Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPuffin Books
- Weight113 g
- Width127 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Boris Kulikov
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.