Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.33Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 21 Mar
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.95+ AU $13.40 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by the_discount_specialist
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEarly in 1836 Charles Darwin spent two months in Australia as part of his round-the-world voyage on the Beagle. During this time, he visited Sydney, travelled on horseback to Bathurst, visited Hobart and called into King George Sound. In addition to making extensive tes on the geology of the country, and recording some observations on natural history, Darwin interacted with several of the colonies' leading citizens, including Kings and Macarthurs in Sydney, and Alfred Stephen and George Frankland in Hobart. This book provides the definitive account of this part of the Beagle's voyage. It is based on specific transcriptions of the entire Australian section of Darwin's diary, supplemented by extracts from field tes, letters and published material. The lavish illustrations include contemporary works by two of Australia's most famous early artists (Augustus Earle and Conrad Martens), both of whom had been Darwin's Beagle shipmates earlier in the voyage.
- Author BiographyFrank William Nicholas is Emeritus Professor of Animal Genetics at the University of Sydney. Janice Mary Nicholas is a retired librarian who previously specialised in Australiana, especially manuscripts and pictorial material.
- Author(s)Frank W. Nicholas,Jan Nicholas
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/11/2008
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1110 g
- Width192 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.