All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA close study of the relationship between text and film versions of Great Expectations. Literature and film studies students will find plenty of material to support their courses and essay writing on how the film versions provide different readings of the original text. Focussing on David Lean's film of Great Expectations, the book discusses: the literary text in its historical context, key themes and dominant readings of the text, how the text is adapted for screen and how adaptations have changed our reading of the original text. There are numerous excerpts from the literary text, screenplays and shooting scripts, with suggestions for comparison. The book also features quotations from authors, screenwriters, directors, critics and others linked with the chosen film and text.
- Author BiographyBrian McFarlane is Honorary Associate Professor at Monash University, Australia. He is a distinguished figure in literature and film whose books include The Encyclopedia of British Film and An Autobiography of British Cinema, The Cinema of Britain and Ireland, and Novel to Film.
- Author(s)Brian McFarlane
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication29/04/2008
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleScreen Adaptations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight180 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.