All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBill Nighy stars as Charles Paris in this BBC Radio 4 full-cast adaptation of Simon Brett's comic crime vel An Amateur Corpse. Charles is out of work again, and to make matters worse his mother has come to stay and he's way of escaping her. So when he's offered some voiceover work by old friend, Hugo, he's delighted to get out of the house. But Hugo's marriage is in trouble: his much younger wife, Ellie, spends all her time at her Amateur Dramatic Group, and Hugo is drinking too much. When Ellie is found drowned in their swimming pool, it seems Hugo is guilty of murder. It's up to Charles to prove his friend's incence...Bill Nighy, Suzanne Burden and Geraldine McEwan are among the star cast in this entertaining mystery, dramatised by Jeremy Front.
- Author BiographySimon Brett was born in Worcester Park, Surrey, on 28 October 1945. He was educated at Dulwich College and Wadham College, Oxford, where he read English and was president of the Oxford University Dramatic Society. After graduating in 1967 he worked as Father Christmas in a department store before landinga job at the BBC as a radio producer. During his ten years there, he worked on such programmes as The Hitchhiker s Guide to the Galaxy, Week Ending, The Burkiss Way, I m Sorry I Haven t A Clue and Just a Minute. He moved to London Weekend Television in 1977, where he produced Maggie and Her, End of Part One and The Glums (a popular spin-off from radio s Take It From Here). Brett s first Charles Paris novel, Cast In Order of Disappearance, was published in 1975, and by 1979 he was able to leave LWT and become a full-time writer. He has written over eighty books, including nineteen Charles Paris books, fifteen Fethering Mysteries and six Mrs Pargeter novels, as well as several non-series titles such as A Shock to the System (1984), which was adapted as a film starring Michael Caine. He has also contributed to several anthologies and scripted many sitcoms for radio including No Commitments, Smelling of Roses and After Henry. Other radio work includes several one-off plays for Radio 4, and a number of episodes of the detective series Baldi. A former Chair of both the Crime Writers Association and The Society of Authors, he is currently President of the Detection Club, as well as being involved with various writers organisations. He is married with three children, and lives in West Sussex.
- Author(s)Simon Brett
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication03/01/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleBBC Radio Crimes
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight91 g
- Width142 mm
- Height124 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Read byBill Nighy
- Running Time120
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.44
- AU $31.18Trending at AU $37.14
- AU $18.33Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $14.77Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $37.39
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $40.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.