All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBill Nighy stars as Charles Paris in a BBC Radio 4 full-cast dramatisation of Simon Brett's vel. Charles Paris is understudying in a West End production, whose star Michael Banks seems unable to master the script. Has Charles time to solve a murder, win Frances' heart and make it on stage by the time the curtain goes up?
- Author BiographySimon Brett was born in Worcester Park, Surrey, on 28 October 1945. He was educated at Dulwich College and Wadham College, Oxford, where he read English and was president of the Oxford University Dramatic Society. After graduating in 1967 he worked as Father Christmas in a department store before landinga job at the BBC as a radio producer. During his ten years there, he worked on such programmes as The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Week Ending, The Burkiss Way, I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue and Just a Minute. He moved to London Weekend Television in 1977, where he produced Maggie and Her, End of Part One and The Glums (a popular spin-off from radio's Take It From Here). Brett's first Charles Paris novel, Cast In Order of Disappearance, was published in 1975, and by 1979he was able to leave LWT and become a full-time writer.He has written over eighty books, including nineteen Charles Paris books, fifteen Fethering Mysteries and six Mrs Pargeter novels, as well as several non-series titles such as A Shock to the System (1984), which was adapted as a film starring Michael Caine. He has also contributed to several anthologies and scripted many sitcoms for radio including No Commitments, Smelling of Roses and After Henry. Other radio work includes several one-off plays for Radio 4, and a number of episodes of the detective series Baldi. A former Chair of both the Crime Writers' Association and The Society of Authors, he is currently President of the Detection Club, as well as being involved with various writers' organisations. He is married with three children, and lives in West Sussex.
- Author(s)Jeremy Front,Simon Brett
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight106 g
- Width143 mm
- Height125 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Read byBill Nighy,Suzanne Burden,Full Cast
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time112
- Edition StatementA&M
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.97
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $39.38
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.04
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $18.80Trending at AU $25.38
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.18
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $36.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.