Charlie Craven's Basic Fly Tying: Modern Techniques for Flies That Catch Fish by Charlie Craven (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $57.31Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $74.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn to tie 17 popular nymphs, dry flies, and streamersMaster fundamental tying techniques in a series of practical lessons Charlie Craven's Basic Fly Tying is a modern course in fly-tying fundamentals covering the essential tools, materials, and techniques needed to tie a wide range of popular flies. With 1,000 photos, Craven covers cutting-edge techniques for the more tried-and-true classics, such as the Royal Wulff, Adams, and Hare's Ear, and shares invative approaches to current patterns such as the Brassie, RS2, and Copper John.With clear, concise text, Craven provides tips and techniques from his over thirty years of tying flies for fly shops on Colorado's Front Range. This book is built on Craven's successful fly-tying classes, which start out with simple flies and work toward more complex patterns, all the while teaching techniques and introducing materials by tying popular patterns that catch fish in Eastern and Western streams. This series of lessons show how flies build on one ather, enabling readers to tie a wide range of patterns simply by breaking them down into parts. Craven illustrates the progression with his meticulous directions to fingerbusters like Copper Johns, Stimulators, and Humpies.This book, which is sure to become a standard text for basic fly tying, covers 17 flies (including recipes for popular variations), including the Brassie, Black Beauty, RS2, Hare's Ear, Pheasant Tail, Prince Nymph, Copper John, Woolly Bugger, Elk Hair Caddis, Stimulator, Adams, Rusty Spinner, Parachute Blue-Winged Olive, X Comparadun, Royal Wulff, Humpy, and Goddard Caddis.
- Author BiographyCharlie Craven co-owns Charliea s Fly Box, a fly shop in Arvada, Colorado, and is a top-selling signature fly designer for Umpqua Feather Merchants. Craven is the Fly Tiera s Bench columnist for Fly Fisherman and author of Charlie Cravena s Basic Fly Tying: Modern Techniques for Flies That Catch Fish and Charliea s Fly Box: Signature Flies for Fresh and Salt Water. He is also featured in the recent Fly Fisherman magazine DVDs Warmwater Fly Tying and Saltwater Fly Tying. He lives in Palmer Lake, Colorado, with his wife, Lisa, two giant dogs, and a slew of children.
- Author(s)Charlie Craven
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication16/02/2009
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1433 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.