CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.62Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
About this product
- Descriptionharles Marion Russell was the first artist to live most of his life in the West, sketching and painting t only from live subjects, but from actual experience. Becoming a frontiersman at a young age in 1880, he rode and worked with horses on a daily basis, something that other Western artist had done before. This biography for children is the first of its kind about Russell, and the subjects own vibrant paintings illustrate his life story. It follows Russell from his school days through adulthood and reveals how he held on to his dreams, living out a childs cowboy fantasy. Charlie Russell t only wanted to experience the West, he wanted to replicate it. It took years of hard work and determination to land a job as a cattleman and longer still for him to master his artistic talents. Through stories, paintings, and clay, wax, and bronze figures, he was able to capture that rare spirit of the region and pass it along to others. Russell became a famous artist, author, outdoorsman, environmentalist, storyteller, and beloved Western figure. Today, thousands of his paintings, sculptures, and drawings are held in the C. M. Russell Museum in Great Falls, Montana. This book pays tribute to a great Western artist, encouraging every young cowboy to live out his dreams.
- PublisherPelican Publishing Co
- Date of Publication21/01/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationGretna, LA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPelican Publishing Co
- Content Note7 b/w photos, 23 colour illus.
- Weight395 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.