All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a clear and lively introduction to a broad range of key critical responses - from Victorian times to the present - to one of the most widely-studied nineteenth-century vels.It features an approachable structure which effectively combines a chrological and thematic approach, starting with Victorian responses and moving through twentieth and twenty first century critical reactions. It considers theatrical, cinematic and literary adaptations of the vel and the critical response to these.This Guide offers a clear and lively introduction to a broad range of key critical responses to one of the most widely-studied nineteenth-century vels. The structure effectively combines a chrological and thematic approach, starting with Victorian responses to Jane Eyre , moving through twentieth and twenty-first century critical reactions.
- Author BiographySARA LODGE is Lecturer in English at the University of St Andrews, UK.
- Author(s)Sara Lodge
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication14/11/2008
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleReaders' Guides to Essential Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note0
- Weight242 g
- Width138 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.