All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCharter schools are nsectarian public schools of choice that operate with freedom from many of the regulations that apply to traditional public schools. This handbook provides the vital information a director needs to understand in order to operate a charter school including: * Initiating and responding to change * Preparing the organization to implement change * Support for instruction and learning * Assessment and evaluation * School law, policies, and politics People establish charter schools for a variety of reasons-to realize an educational vision, to gain automy, or to serve a particular population. This book offers guidance to all who are considering the charter school model especially parents and teachers, school districts, community-based organizations (CBOs), teachers, administrators, families, students, and other key stakeholders such as businesses.
- Author BiographyWilliam Callison, is professor of Educational Leadership at California State University at Fullerton. He has been deeply involved in the creation of a new charter school in Orange County, California, which will utilize multiple intelligences, developed by Howard Gardner, and All Kinds of Minds, developed by Mel Levine. He has also been involved in the creation of alternative programs such as Project Upward Bound, a national program for potential dropouts started in 1965, as the Western Regional Director; as the Director of Head Start Supplementary Training, an alternative staff training effort involving scores of small staff and parent groups in every state; and in supervising dozens of school administrators every year for 27 years as they sought to create new programs and schools, including a number of alternative schools.
- Author(s)William L. Callison
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication04/02/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight422 g
- Width150 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.