All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Maree Russo's best friend, Andie, went missing after a concert during the summer before their senior year, Maree wanted thing more than to see or hear from her again. But when Maree heard Andie's voice in the hallway one day, it was the last thing on earth she wanted to hear-because hearing Andie's voice in the hallway could mean only one thing: Andie is dead. Although her doctor, mother, and teachers would say she's schizophrenic, mentally ill, or disabled, Maree is actually quite sane, cognizant, and, if anything, enabled. She has the power to hear the dead, which, at times, is a blessing and, at others, a curse. Now it's a little of both-Maree is determined to use her skills to find out what happened to Andie, but, with every extrasensory move Maree makes, her mother is more determined to get her into treatment. Chasing Death is a clever, compelling piece of young adult fiction that tells a story of friendship, what we do for it, and what happens when we lose it. Ripe with pararmal themes, mystery, intrigue, and drama, it's sure to pique your interests and leave you thinking more openly about the world around you.
- Author BiographyK. E. Lamont recently graduated from high school and is currently studying public relations at the University of South Florida in Tampa. She has been writing since she could pick up a pen and decided to pursue her passion early on in life. She worked as an editor for the Tampa Bay Times high school weekly, tb-two*, for two years and wrote for it for two. Lamont took part in the Asian-American Journalism Association's journalism camp in 2013 and met the challenge of National Novel Writing Month in that same year by writing her debut title, Chasing Death, within November's thirty days. A fervent fan of young adult fiction, Lamont is happy to have caught the writing bug in her youth. She encourages other young minds to get hooked on reading and writing early so they, too, can accomplish their writing goals and become avid readers for life. Visit her online at www.kkanadian.com.
- Author(s)K E Lamont
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.37
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.74
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $44.04
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.72
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $17.17
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.