All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScarlett Blaine's life in 1960s Georgia isn't always easy, especially given her parents' financial struggles and the fights surrounding her sister Juli's hippie lifestyle. Then there's Scarlett's brother, Cliff. While she loves him more than anything, there's denying his unique behavior leaves Cliff misunderstood and left out. So when he wishes for a rocket to Jupiter, Scarlett agrees to make it happen, matter how crazy the idea might be. Raising the rocket money means baking pies, and the farmer's son, Frank, agrees to provide the peaches if Scarlett will help him talk to Juli. The problem is, Scarlett really enjoys her time with Frank, and finds herself wondering if, someday, they could be more than friends. Just as she thinks everything might be going her way, Cliff suffers an accident that t only affects the rocket plans, but shakes Scarlett's view of God. As the summer comes to an end, Scarlett must find a way to regain what she's lost, but also fulfill a promise to launch her brother's dream.
- Author BiographyRachel Coker is a homeschool student who lives in Virginia with her parents and two sisters. She has a passion for great books and has been surrounded by them all her life. In fact, as a young child, Rachel helped her parents in a family-run Christian book business. Her gift for writing became apparent at the age of eleven at which time her parents signed her up for a year of lessons with a professional writing coach. When she is not writing or playing the piano, Rachel enjoys spending time with her family and friends.
- Author(s)Rachel Coker
- Date of Publication24/12/2013
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- Weight181 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Interest AgeFrom 13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.