All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2005, just two years before his untimely death in a plane crash, Steve Fossett completed the first solo, n-stop, n-refuelled circumnavigation of the world at the helm of the Virgin Atlantic GlobalFlyer. But what made someone like Steve give up a secure, wellpaid job for the romantic, yet dangerous,world of the adventurer? His adventurous spirit has piqued the intrigue of his fellow competitors and sports aficionados, and attracted the tice of the world. Written just one year before his tragic death in 2007, in this dynamic autobiography Steve Fossett shares his inspirational stories in a personal, intimate voice and candidly recounts the milestones, challenges and victories that have made up his much-heralded career and paved the way to his 109 world records.
- Author BiographyPilot, balloonist, yachtsman and endurance sportsman, American Steve Fossett (1944-2007) set aviation records (across the broadest possible range of flying machines) and was one of the world's best-known modern adventurers before his tragic death in a plane crash in 2007. Will Hasley is a movie and TV script writer as well as a published author. He lives and works in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Steve Fossett
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication07/02/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirgin Books
- Content Note1x8 colour illustration section
- Weight402 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.