All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn her morning run, seventeen year old Katie discovers a frozen body lying on the swy forest trail. The story goes back three months to trace the events leading up to the tragedy as seen through the eyes of: Mike, the import car fanatic who worships his older brother, Frankie, a hotshot graduate who's gone East and developed big spending habits fuelled by poker winnings. Jay, the budding musician whose father wants him to be an NHL player even though he hates hockey. Kim, the math whiz and talented artist whose mother recently died and left her alone with a cold, abusive father who spends most nights at the casi. Nick, forced to be a parent to his two kid sisters while his single mom goes off for days at a time and drowns herself in booze . Lured by the thrill of gambling, their lives spiral out of control until events come to a head in a gripping final showdown. Along the way they'll learn about love, heroism, sacrifice and failure, but someone pays the ultimate price and dies on the swy forest track. Set in a Canadian prairie city, this story explores the complexity of family conflict and its impact on troubled teens searching for love, acceptance and identity
- Author BiographyMarjorie DeLuca spent her childhood in the ancient cathedral city of Durham in North-Eastern England. She attended the University of London, became a teacher, and then emigrated to Canada where she lives with her husband and two children. There she also studied writing under her mentor, Pulitzer Prize winning author, Carol Shields. Though she loves writing contemporary and sci-fi novels for teens, she's also enjoys writing historical and literary fiction.
- Author(s)Marjorie DeLuca
- Date of Publication11/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.