All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionMost publications on the political situation in Venezuela are journalistic and lack a scientific, and particularly sociological, approach. Chavez's Children: Ideology, Education, and Society in Latin America is the first sociological work on the ideological system in Venezuela. This book deals with the deep social structures of Chavez's power, its origins, its evolution in history, its dynamics, its institutionalizations, and its relationships with the educational system. By using an empirical analysis of Bolivarian schools and fieldwork on over 300 students, Chavez's Children reconstructs the history of revolutionary movements in Venezuela and advocates a model of analysis on Latin American socio-revolutionary phemena. This English language edition will be a great opportunity for Latin American experts as well as interested readers to uncover the system behind Chavez's power.
- Author BiographyManuel Anselmi is an assistant professor of political sociology at the University of Perugia and professor of political science at the University of Viterbo (Italy). He graduated in philosophy at the University of Rome La Sapienza, PhD in Social Science and Science of Education at University of Cassino. He is a columnist at the magazine of the Italian think tank Institute for International Affairs and he collaborates with the daily Ilfattoquotidiano.
- Author(s)Manuel Anselmi
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication26/03/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.