All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeter Digby is Manager of Taylors supermarket, but when he is handed the chance to make money without actually putting his hand in the 'till he surprises himself and takes it. It may be classed as white collar crime but its money at the end of the day. However, having this regular supply of money becomes a bigger headache running two homes, two cars and two lives. His work colleagues friends and even family are unaware of his rich alternate lifestyle so what is the point? It is like winning the lottery but losing your ticket. Peter's life is full of choices. Strange ones are employing the most incompetent security firm around, Beaver Patrol. Embarrassing ones are ringing prospective dates only to find they are prostitutes. It would be stupid to complicate things more by getting involved with an auditor sent to check up on you? Wouldn't it? What will Beaver Patrol do about the sand? Will he cut down on Indian takeaways? Could he ring a girl who isn't on the game? Are all Accountants clinically boring? Well it's complicated, Horse Racing, Velcro, Special Sand, Women dressed as school girls and the offer of 1000 for your girlfriend to do a couple of hours 'work' are some of the very funny reasons. Find out what happens in Checkout 27......
- Author BiographyAndrew M Gallagher Born 1962: Attended St Ambrose Barlow School and De La Salle College until making a first step into the world of paid employment. This was hugely over rated. Selling New Cars during the early 80's was fun rather than profitable which led me to the International Freight Industry. The last 23 years have been spent in the movement of goods around the Globe; Imports, Exports and haulage to all corners of the United Kingdom. To raise spirits and relieve the burden of money in my wallet I became involved with Horse Racing even owning shares in the frustrating beasts. That refreshing but very infrequent feeling to see your horse make it to the winners enclosure is priceless. Cars are still a big interest as made clear from the book CheckOut 27. The purchase of the Range Rover and the salesman's patter I admit comes from experience and the heart! Not content with giving you one book I have started a second and work tirelessly towards its completion.
- Author(s)Andrew M Gallagher
- Date of Publication29/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.84Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.55
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.