All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionChef Infrastructure Automation Cookbook contains practical recipes on everything you will need to automate your infrastructure using Chef. The book is packed with illustrated code examples to automate your server and cloud infrastructure. The book first shows you the simplest way to achieve a certain task. Then it explains every step in detail, so that you can build your kwledge about how things work. Eventually, the book shows you additional things to consider for each approach. That way, you can learn step-by-step and build profound kwledge on how to go about your configuration management automation. This book is for system engineers and administrators who have a fundamental understanding of information management systems and infrastructure. It helps if you've already played around with Chef; however, the book covers all the important topics you will need to kw. If you don't want to dig through a whole book before you can get started, this book is for you, as it features a set of independent recipes you can try out immediately.
- Author BiographyMatthias Marschall is a software engineer Made in Germany .His four children make sure that he feels comfortable in lively environments,and stays in control of chaotic situations.A lean and agile engineering lead, he's passionate about continuous delivery, infrastructure automation, and all things DevOps.In recent years,Matthias has helped build several web-based businesses,first with Java and then with Ruby on Rails. He quickly grew into system administration,writing his own configuration management tool before moving his whole infrastructure to Chef in its early days.In 2008, he started a blog (http://www.agileweboperations.com) together with Dan Ackerson.There they shared their ideas about DevOps since the early days of the continually emerging movement.You can find him on Twitter as @mmarschall.Matthias is a CTO at gutefrage.net GmbH, helping run Germany's biggest Q&A site among other high-traffic sites.He holds a Master's degree in Computer Science (Dipl.-Inf. (FH)) and teaches courses on Agile Software Development at the University of Augsburg.When not writing or coding, Matthias enjoys drawing cartoons and playing Go.He lives near Munich, Germany.
- Author(s)Matthias Marschall
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication31/08/2013
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.