All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn biotechlogy and bioengineering, small molecules can be used to increase the efficiency reduce the cost and damage to the environment of certain bioprocesses. This book introduces readers to the important field of chemically promoted biotechlogy and bioengineering and presents the theory behind the biotechlogy of enzymatic reactions and how they can be chemically enhanced. The book covers chemical modulators for enzymatic reactions, chemically promoted biotechlogy in plant cell cultures, chemically promoted biotechlogy for plant protection and future prospects for the field. Kwledge gained allows both chemists to make use of biotechlogy to solve chemical problems in an environmentally-friendly way, and biologists to make use of chemistry to increase biotechlogical efficiency. This book is useful for scientists in a broad range of disciplines, including agricultural chemistry, pesticide science, medicinal chemistry, biochemistry, bio-organic chemistry, cell and molecular biology. Students and researchers in both academia and industry will find it a useful handbook.
- Author BiographyXuhong Qian is a professor of bioorganic chemistry and engineering, and President of the East China University of Science and Technology. He has previously acted as president for the Asian Pacific Confederation of Chemical Engineering (APCChE), and is currently a member of the Advisory Commission for Chemistry, the National Natural Science Foundation of China and the Chinese Academy of Engineering. He is a Fellow of The Royal Society of Chemistry and an Ambassador Scientist of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. Zhenjiang Zhao has been an Associate Professor at the East China University of Science and Technology since 2010. His research interests focus on medicinal chemistry, enzyme inhibitors and agrochemicals. Yufang Xu is a Professor at the East China University of Science and Technology. She received her PhD in Chemistry from the East China University of Science and Technology in 1994 and from 1999 to 2001 she worked as a postdoctoral fellow at the Tokyo Medical and Dental University in Japan. Her research interests focus on small organic molecules to regulate the bioprocess. Jianhe Xu is the Professor and Director of the State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering at East China University of Science and Technology and is the Cheungkong Professor of the Chinese Ministry of Education. He graduated from Tsinghua University in 1987, finished his PhD from East China University of Science and Technology and Kyoto University in 1995.
- Author(s)Fengxian Hu,Jian-He Xu,Jingyan Zhang,Xuhong Qian,Y.-H. Zhang,Yang-Chun Yong,Yufang Xu,Zhenjiang Zhao
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication03/06/2015
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleGreen Chemistry Series
- Series Part/Volume Number34
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight503 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Series Edited byAndrzej Stankiewicz,Yuan Kou
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.