Chemical Dependence: Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention by Howard Thomas Milhorn (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $125.33Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 16 Mar
- AU $202.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author has organized basic, core information on the diagsis, treatment and prevention of chemical dependence into a readily understandable format. His approach teaches the physician what steps to take from a practical point of view: how to prevent addiction in the first place, how to diagse the condition, how to aid the family get the addict into treatment, and how to increase the chances of long-term recovery. The book is divided into three sections. The first section covers basic definitions and concepts. The second section describes the pharmacology of the various psychoactive substances: depressants, opioids, stimulants, cannabiids, hallucigens, phencyclidines, and inhalants. The third section discusses chemical dependence in special groups: women, adolescents, the elderly, ethnic mirities, dual diagsis patients, HIV- positive patients, and impaired physicians.
- Author(s)Howard Thomas Milhorn
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/09/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight586 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.