All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionGuiding the counsellor step by step through treatment, the author presents state-of-the-art tools, forms, and tests necessary for client success while meeting the highest standards demanded by accrediting bodies. This Fifth Edition has been updated to include coverage of current topics of concern for counsellors, including discussions on synthetic and designer drugs, new psychotherapeutic medications, new survey data on patterns of use and abuse, and a new section on Recommendations for a Successful First Year in Recovery.
- Author BiographyRobert R. Perkinson is the clinical director of Keystone Treatment Center in Canton, South Dakota. He is a licensed psychologist; licensed marriage & family therapist; internationally certified alcohol and drug counselor; South Dakota certified chemical dependency counselor, Level III; and a nationally certified gambling counselor and supervisor. His specialty areas focus on treating alcoholics, addicts, and pathological gamblers. He is the author of Chemical Dependency Counseling: A Practical Guide (2nd ed.) (2003a), which is the leading treatment manual in the world for chemical dependency counselors. With Dr. Arthur E. Jongsma Jr. (2001) he is the coauthor of The Addiction Treatment Planner, which is the best-selling treatment planner and computer software program for mental health and addiction professionals. He has also written The Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Patient Workbook (2003c) and the Gambling Addiction Patient Workbook (2003b). These workbooks have all of the exercises patients need to enter a stable recovery. His book entitled Treating Alcoholism: How to Help Your Clients Enter Recovery (2004) trains professionals how to treat patients with alcohol problems. He is the author of the book God Talks to You (2000) and the meditation tape A Communication from God (2008) by cdbaby, which help addicts make their first conscious contact with a Higher Power of their own understanding. He is a composer and has completed his second CD, Peace Will Come, music that helps addicts learn the essentials of a spiritual journey. With Dr. Jean LaCour (2004), he wrote the Faith-Based Addiction Curriculum to teach professionals of faith how to treat addiction. Dr. Perkinson is an international motivational speaker and regular contributor to numerous professional journals. He is the webmaster of several web pages, including www.robertperkinson.com, www.alcoholismtreatment.org, and www.godtalkstoyou.com, where he gets over 2.6 million hits a year and answers questions on addiction for free. His biographies can be found in Who's Who in America, Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare, Who's Who in Science and Engineering, and Who's Who in the World.
- Author(s)Robert R. Perkinson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/11/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Weight1792 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.