All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionChemical Imaging Analysis covers the advancements made over the last 50 years in chemical imaging analysis, including different analytical techniques and the ways they were developed and refined to link the composition and structure of manmade and natural materials at the na/micro scale to the functional behavior at the macroscopic scale. In a development process that started in the early 1960s, a variety of specialized analytical techniques was developed - or adapted from existing techniques - and these techniques have matured into versatile and powerful tools for visualizing structural and compositional heterogeneity. This text explores that journey, providing a general overview of imaging techniques in diverse fields, including mass spectrometry, optical spectrometry including X-rays, electron microscopy, and beam techniques.
- Author BiographyFreddy Adams is emeritus professor of analytical chemistry at the University of Antwerp. He is the author and co-author of over 500 scientific articles, several monographs and text books and ca. 10 chapters of multi-authored books. He was director of the Trace and Micro Analysis Centre (MiTAC) of the University of Antwerp from 1980 to 2003. He was supervisor of ca. 50 doctoral thesis. His research interests deal with fundamental analytical chemistry, microscopic and trace analysis and applications in the materials sciences, the environmental sciences and art & archaeology. He was Rector of the Graduate School of the UA (1983-1995) and President, vice-President or member of a number of Belgian or European councils, committees and societies concerned with analytical chemistry or science or science policy. He is the recipient of relevant scientific national and international Awards including the Prize Environment Policy of the Coca-Cola Foundation, the Pregl Medal of Austrian Chemical Society, the Torch Award of Plasma Spectrochemistry. He is Doctor Honoris Causa from the University of Iasi, Romania and the University of Chisinau, Moldova. Carlo Barbante is director of the Italian National Research Council's Institute for the Dynamics of Environmental Processes, and full professor at the University of Venice, Ca'Foscari. His principal research interest is the development of analytical methods based on inorganic and organic mass spectrometry for the ultra-trace determination and speciation in environmental and biological matrices and advanced materials. He participated to several scientific expeditions in polar regions and in the Alps. His work focuses on the reconstruction of archives of atmospheric trace elements and organic compounds deposition. Prof. Barbante is the Italian National Delegate to the European Union for Climate Action, Resource Efficiency and Raw Materials (Horizon 2020 Advisory Board).
- Author(s)Carlo Barbante,Freddy Adams
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication08/06/2015
- Series TitleComprehensive Analytical Chemistry
- Series Part/Volume Number69
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight850 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.