All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a neurochemistry-based companion for Protein Misfolding and Neurodegenerative Diseases: Molecular Targets, an Elsevier title by the same author publishing in December 2014. While the first book focuses on biology and molecular targets, this companion book describes how these targets are regulated by small molecules and disease-modifying compounds. The book begins with a brief introduction to how key proteins become dysfunctional, and each subsequent chapter describes major disease mechanisms in Alzheimer's and other tauopathies. Properties and development status of these molecular targets and disease mechanisms are thoroughly described, as are small molecule effectors of autophagy and dis-aggregating agents.
- Author BiographyDr. Pierfausto Seneci is Associate Professor in the Department of Organic and Industrial Chemistry at the University of Milan. He is currently affiliated with the University of Milan Centre for Interdisciplinary Biomolecular Studies and Industrial Applications (CISI) Centre of Excellence, and is responsible for the Combinatorial Chemistry/High Throughput MedChem Laboratory. He has over 20 years of medicinal chemistry experience working in industry, and held business development positions with GSK, Sanofi, and start-up pharmaceutical companies including Sirenade and NiKem working in drug discovery, neurodegeneration, oncology, and antibacterials. He is author of approximately 80 papers on the topic and several book chapters, including the book Solid-Phase Synthesis and Combinatorial Technologies with Wiley-Interscience in 2000.
- Author(s)Pierfausto Seneci
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication14/01/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.