Chemical Ocular Burns by Alan Hall, Harold Merle, Lucien Bodson, Patrice Josset, Norbert Schrage, Joel Blomet, Max Gerard, Francois Burgher, Laurence Mathieu (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $166.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $91.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than 25,000 chemical products have the potential to cause ocular burns. Because such burns can result in loss of sight or the need for corneal transplantation, they must be taken very seriously. This book is the first to be devoted entirely to chemical ocular burns. All aspects of the subject are covered, including history, epidemiology, chemical agents and reactions, histology, pathophysiology, clinical signs, medical and surgical treatments, and emergency care. Particular attention is paid to the mechanisms involved in ocular burns and to the links between the chemical reactivity of corrosive agents and the clinical manifestations. Current principles of decontamination are fully explained and the latest treatment techniques are discussed in detail. This book stands at the interface of the chemical and medical sciences. It will be of great practical value to ophthalmologists and doctors in emergency medical and burns units, and will acquaint chemists with the clinical consequences of corrosivity.
- Author BiographyProf. Dr. Norbert SCHRAGE is Director of the Ophthalmology Hospital in Cologne. One focus of his work in both the clinical and the research environment is the treatment of eye burns, and more specifically the development of new rinsing solutions for such purposes. He follows a very interdisciplinary approach to solve clinical problems with input from medical, chemical and engineering experts. Another main area of research of Prof. Schrage is the development of keratoprosthesis.
- Author(s)Alan Hall,Francois Burgher,Harold Merle,Joel Blomet,Laurence Mathieu,Lucien Bodson,Max Gerard,Norbert Schrage,Patrice Josset
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication26/10/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note23 black & white illustrations, 138 colour illustrations, 10 colour tables
- Weight517 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.