All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionChemical Reactor Modeling closes the gap between Chemical Reaction Engineering and Fluid Mechanics. The second edition consists of two volumes: Volume 1: Fundamentals. Volume 2: Chemical Engineering Applications In volume 1 most of the fundamental theory is presented. A few numerical model simulation application examples are given to elucidate the link between theory and applications. In volume 2 the chemical reactor equipment to be modeled are described. Several engineering models are introduced and discussed. A survey of the frequently used numerical methods, algorithms and schemes is provided. A few practical engineering applications of the modeling tools are presented and discussed. The working principles of several experimental techniques employed in order to get data for model validation are outlined. The mograph is based on lectures regularly taught in the fourth and fifth years graduate courses in transport phemena and chemical reactor modeling and in a post graduate course in modern reactor modeling at the Norwegian University of Science and Techlogy, Department of Chemical Engineering, Trondheim, Norway. The objective of the book is to present the fundamentals of the single-fluid and multi-fluid models for the analysis of single and multiphase reactive flows in chemical reactors with a chemical reactor engineering rather than mathematical bias. Organized into 13 chapters, it combines theoretical aspects and practical applications and covers some of the recent research in several areas of chemical reactor engineering. This book contains a survey of the modern literature in the field of chemical reactor modeling.
- Author BiographyHugo Atle Jakobsen is currently serving as a Professor at the Department of Chemical Engineering at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim, Norway. His main field of expertise is computational fluid dynamics applied to chemical reactor technology. After earning his Dr. Ing. in reactor modeling from the Norwegian Institute of Technology (NTH) in Trondheim, in 1993, he moved to Oslo to undertake research at the Research and Development Department, Norwegian Meteorological Institute (DNMI) host for the Meteorological Synthesizing Centre - West, an UN/ECE topic centre on air pollution modeling. In 1997, he moved to the Department of Chemical Engineering at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim and was working as Associate Professor in the field of Reactor technology. In 2000 he was promoted to Professor at NTNU. His research interests lie at the interface of numerical methods, multiphase fluid dynamics, multiphase reactive flows, combined multifluid-population balance modeling, experimental validation and chemical reactor technology. Prof Jakobsen has published more than 100 peer-reviewed papers in international journals.
- Author(s)Hugo A. Jakobsen
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication03/04/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note141 black & white illustrations, 34 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight3094 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine102 mm
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.