All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionChemical Vapour Deposition: An Integrated Engineering Design for Advanced Materials focuses on the application of this techlogy to engineering coatings and, in particular, to the manufacture of high performance materials, such as fibre reinforced ceramic composite materials, for structural applications at high temperatures. This book aims to provide a thorough exploration of the design and applications of advanced materials, and their manufacture in engineering. From physical fundamentals and principles, to optimization of processing parameters and other current practices, this book is designed to guide readers through the development of both high performance materials and the design of CVD systems to manufacture such materials. Chemical Vapour Deposition: An Integrated Engineering Design for Advanced Materials introduces integrated design and manufacture of advanced materials to researchers, industrial practitioners, postgraduates and senior undergraduate students.
- Author BiographyXiu-Tian Yan is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Design, Manufacture and Engineering Management (DMEM) of the University of Strathclyde. He has been involved in three European Commission funded projects, promoting research exchange in engineering design and manufacture in Europe and Asia. He was a key researcher working on UK government funded Schemebuilder project from 1992-1994. He has 130 refereed publications in total, including 27 journal papers, 3 edited books, 15 book chapters, and 69 refereed international conference papers. He was an Invited Professor from March -August 2007 and was a Visiting Associate Professor at the University of Technology Troyes. He is also a Guest Professor and PhD adviser (since 2005) and Visiting Professor (since 2003) at Northwestern Polytechnical University, China. He has organised several international conferences/symposia and has been a technical paper reviewer for numerous international journals and conferences in his fields. Yongdong Xu passed away shortly after completing this book. At the time of his death he was a professor of the School of Materials Science and Engineering of Northwestern Polytechnical University, and an internationally and nationally recognised researcher in chemical vapour deposition and fibre reinforced ceramic matrix composite materials.
- Author(s)Xiu-Tian Yan,Yongdong Xu
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleEngineering Materials and Processes
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note218 black & white illustrations, 35 black & white tables, biography
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.