All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBiomaterials are produced in situ and in vivo in the body using mainly hydration reactions, that is, reactions between phosphates, silicates or aluminates, and water. The nastructural integration of these biomaterials in the body is controlled by six mechanisms. The biomaterial interaction with body liquid results in bioactivity and total closure of the contact zone between the biomaterial and hard tissue. This book describes the new biomaterials based on nastructural chemically bonded bioceramics and discusses their general and specific properties. It presents an overview of the nastructural chemically bonded bioceramics, including their processing aspects, properties, integration with tissues, relation to other bioceramics and biomaterials, and nastructural integration in different dental and orthopaedic applications. The book also describes the potential application areas for these new chemically bonded bioceramics.
- Author BiographyLeif Hermansson is founder of Doxa AB, Sweden, and holds two professorships, one in materials chemistry within bioceramics and the other in structural ceramics. He has held various positions at Uppsala University and Stockholm University and lectures regularly at conferences on biomaterials all over the world. He has published 75 scientific papers and is author of 40 original patents in biomaterials, including ceramic processing, properties, and applications.
- PublisherPan Stanford Publishing Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintPan Stanford Publishing Pte Ltd
- Content Note39 black & white illustrations, 5 colour illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byLeif Hermansson
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.