Chemistry for Environmental Engineering and Science by Gene F. Parkin, Perry L. McCarty, Clair Nathan Sawyer (Hardback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $79.99+ AU $20.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buybrandnewbooks-com
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $134.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the definitive text in a market consisting of senior and graduate environmental engineering students who are taking a chemistry course. The text is divided into a chemistry fundamentals section and a section on water and wastewater analysis. In this new edition, the authors have retained the thorough, yet concise, coverage of basic chemical principles from general, physical, equilibrium, organic, biochemistry, colloid, and nuclear chemistry. In addition, the authors have retained their classic two-fold approach of focusing on the aspects of chemistry that are particularly valuable for solving environmental problems, and laying the groundwork for understanding water and wastewater analysis - a fundamental basis of environmental engineering practice and research.
- Author BiographyThe late Clair N. Sawyer was active in the field of Sanitary Chemistry for over 30 years. He was received a Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin. As Professor of Sanitary Chemistry at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, he taught and directed research until 1958. He then was appointed Vice President and Director of Research at Metcalf and Eddy, Inc., and served as a consultant on numerous water and waste-water treatment projects in the United States and many foreign countries. After retiring, he served as an environmental consultant for several years. He passed away in 1992. He was the originator and sole author of the first edition, which published in 1960. Perry L. McCarty is the Silas H. Palmer Professor Emeritus of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Stanford University. He received a B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering from Wayne State University and S.M. and Sc.D. Degrees in Sanitary Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he taught for four years. In 1962 he joined the faculty at Stanford University. His research has been directed towards the application of biological processes for the solution of environmental problems. He is an honorary member of the American Water Works Association and the Water Environment Federation, and Fellow in the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and the American Academy of Microbiology. He was elected to the National Academy of Engineering in 1977. He received the Tyler Prize for environmental achievement in 1992 and the Clark Prize for outstanding achievement in water science and technology in 1997. Gene F. Parkin is a professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Iowa, and Director of the Center for Health Effects of Environmental Contamination. He received a B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering and an M.S. Degree in Sanitary Engineering from the University of Iowa and a Ph.D. Degree in Environmental Engineering from Stanford University. He taught at Drexel University for eight years before joining the faculty at the University of Iowa in 1986. His teaching interests have been in biological treatment processes and environmental chemistry. His research has been directed toward anaerobic biological processes and bioremediation of waters contaminated with organic chemicals. He has received the J. James R. Croes Medal from the American Society of Civil Engineers and the Harrison Prescott Eddy Medal from the Water Environment Federation. In 1989 he received the Hancher-Finkbine Medallion from the University of Iowa for outstanding teaching and leadership, and in 1999 he received a state of Iowa, Board of Regents Award for Faculty Excellance.
- Author(s)Clair Nathan Sawyer,Gene F. Parkin,Perry L. McCarty
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/09/2002
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleWater Resources and Environmental Engineering Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1288 g
- Width190 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.