Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionUse of psychotropic drugs has come to dominate clinical practice in psychiatry worldwide-perhaps owing largely to perceived simplicity, ease of use, and apparent efficiency, as well as apparent cost-effectiveness of such treatments. Nevertheless, medicinal treatments for patients with psychiatric disorders are but one component of comprehensive clinical care of complex human problems. Extensively updated since its second edition in 1985, Chemotherapy in Psychiatry, Third Edition, again addresses basic aspects of modern psychopharmacology and clinical applications of drugs used in the treatment of major psychiatric disorders, with major emphasis on psychotic, bipolar, and depressive disorders. The presentation covers descriptions of the main classes of psychotropic drugs, selected information concerning their kwn action mechanisms and metabolic disposition, and their clinical applications for acute illnesses and to prevent recurrences and long-term morbidity. Also covered are limitations and adverse effects of each type of agent, with emphasis on the fact that all psychotropic medicines have adverse effects that range from anying to potentially lethal. Chemotherapy in Psychiatry, Third Edition, outlines the need to balance benefits and risks at the level of individual persons. Authoritative, and an important contribution to the literature, Chemotherapy in Psychiatry, Third Edition is an invaluable resource for physicians, scientists, trainees, and policymakers.
- Author(s)Ross J. Baldessarini
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/09/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note36 black & white illustrations, 49 black & white tables, biography
- Weight576 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement3rd ed. 2013
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.