All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionTwenty-five years ago, Chesapeake Bay Cooking with John Shields introduced the world to the regional cuisine of the Mid-Atlantic. Nominated for a James Beard Award, the book was praised for its inspiring heritage recipes and its then-revolutionary emphasis on cooking with local and seasonal ingredients. Part history lesson, part travelogue, the book captured the unique character of the Chesapeake region and its people. In this anniversary edition, John Shields combines popular classic dishes with a host of unpublished recipes from his personal archives. Readers will learn how to prepare over 200 recipes from the Mid-Atlantic region, including panfried rockfish, roast mallard, beaten biscuits, oyster fritters, and Lady Baltimore cake. Best of all, they'll learn everything they need to kw about crabs-the undisputed star of Chesapeake cuisine-featured here in mouthwatering recipes for seven different kinds of crab cakes. Extensively updated, this edition includes a new chapter on Chesapeake libations, which features Shields' closely held recipe for his torious Dirty Gertie, an authentic Chesapeake-style Bloody Mary.
- Author BiographyChef John Shields is the owner of Gertrude's Restaurant at the Baltimore Museum of Art. The host of PBS's Chesapeake Bay Cooking and Coastal Cooking with John Shields, he is the author of The Chesapeake Bay Cookbook: Rediscovering the Pleasures of a Great Regional Cuisine, The Chesapeake Bay Crab Cookbook, and Coastal Cooking with John Shields.
- Author(s)John Shields
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication06/11/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note56, 56 black & white halftones
- Weight1021 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Photographs byJed Kirschbaum
- Edition Statement25th Anniversary edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.