Chess Handbook for Parents and Coaches by Ronn Munsterman (Paperback / softback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.20Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $38.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionParents, do you want to teach your child to play chess, but don't kw where to begin? Does your child want to learn to play chess, but you don't play? Does your child want to play in tournaments, but you don't kw where they are? Coaches, could you use a solid lesson plan, or information about starting and running a chess club, or tips on preparing players for tournaments? The Chess Handbook for Parents and Coaches provides parents and coaches a proven method of teaching chess for kids. Whether you kw how to play or t, this book guides you though the process of teaching chess to a child. In sixteen clear, and easy to follow lessons, Part One - Teaching Chess, shows what and how to teach all the way from learning the pieces' names to checkmate, including the rules your player(s) will need to kw. Part Two - The Chess World, explains what goes on in chess, how tournaments work, how to coach players, from new to advanced, how to coach kids who are playing older kids, who the famous chess players are, and much more. Parents and coaches will gain tips from an experienced, certified coach with insights into teaching chess and the chess world.
- Author BiographyRonn Munsterman is a Level I USCF Certified Coach with many years of coaching experience. His coaching philosophy is, first and foremost, that the game should be fun for the players and the coach. Known simply as Coach, his students learn to play by all the rules of chess, learn sound chess fundamentals, and are challenged to grow stronger every week. He first joined the United States Chess Federation in 1987. He is a member of the Iowa State Chess Association and a Life Member of the Missouri Chess Association. He organized and ran the Kansas City Corporate Chess Club from 1989 to 1991. From 1990 to 1995, Munsterman held several positions for the Missouri Chess Association, including Board of Directors, President, Editor - Missouri Chess Bulletin, and Membership Coordinator. In 1994, Munsterman won the Missouri State Reserve Championship with a score of 4.5 out of 5. Munsterman began coaching when his son, Nathan, was in the first grade. He has coached players in grades 1 - 12. His elementary team from rural Troy, KS., won second place in two consecutive State championships, and one year won first place in six consecutive tournaments, all while competing against much larger schools. His players consistently placed in the top ten in Kansas Scholastic Chess Association tournaments, and won first place eight times. His top four players won the prestigious match-play Kansas City Cup twice, once in elementary, and once in middle school. Munsterman currently coaches elementary and high school-aged players in Iowa where he lives with his wife, Berta.
- Author(s)Ronn Munsterman
- Date of Publication03/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.