All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe chess world has witnessed a great number of wonderfully gifted attacking players, geniuses who have dazzled enthusiasts with their brilliant masterpieces. Everyone has their own favourites, and in Chess Secrets: Great Attackers , Colin Crouch chooses three of his own: Garry Kasparov, Mikhail Tal and Leonid Stein. Chess legends Kasparov and Tal need introduction, while Stein was a highly creative and intuitive player with the ability to destroy the world's best players with his vicious attacks. Crouch examines phases of these players' careers, compares their differing approaches and styles, and highlights key attacking themes including the idea of controlled risk - in some sacrificial attacks even the greatest players can't always see everything to the end. A study of this book will help you to enhance your skills in one of the most crucial elements of the game.
- Author BiographyDr Colin Crouch is an International Master, an extremely experienced tournament player and a highly regarded chess writer. His previous books for Everyman Chess include Queens Gambit Declined: 5 Bf4!, which has been highly acclaimed for its thoroughness and originality, with one reviewer describing it as 'the opening book of the year'. He has been a regular columnist for British Chess Magazine and CHESS.
- Author(s)Colin Crouch
- PublisherEveryman Chess
- Date of Publication09/01/2009
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman Chess
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.