All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionMany chess-players find it difficult to improve their game beyond a certain level. They can see basic tactics, kw a little about openings and can calculate a few moves ahead. However, so do their opponents. What is the next level, and how does one get there? This book is aimed at chess-players who have progressed well beyond beginner level and have acquired the basic skills required to play at club level, but need guidance to improve their understanding of chess. It is based on the training program that Hall himself followed when he was an up-and-coming player. The lessons are t based on 'quick fixes', but instead provide a well-rounded course in all aspects of chess that will equip the reader well for his or her chessboard battles, and provide a firm yet flexible basis for further improvement.
- Author BiographyJesper Hall is a strong international master from Sweden. He is a member of the Swedish national team, was runner-up in the Swedish Championship in 1996 and plays regularly in the German Bundesliga.
- Author(s)Jesper Hall
- PublisherGambit Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2001
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGambit Publications Ltd
- Content Note300 diagrams and 15 drawings
- Weight367 g
- Width174 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.