All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe six-cylinder Corvettes of 1953-1955 were expensive and lacked the performance required. In 1955, the V8 engine was introduced which was to revolutionize the Corvette. The 1956 model established the real reputation for the marque with the manual transmission and new styling. Also incorporated were chassis and drivetrain improvements. The 1957 car was the first American production car with fuel injection. Production rates picked up in 1962 so that manufacture could more match demand. This is a book of contemporary road and comparison tests, drive reports, model introductions, technical and specification data, engines & suspension. Models covered include: Six, V8, SR-2, XP-64, 230, 245, 250, 270, 290, 315, 327.
- PublisherBrooklands Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/1990
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Series TitleBrooklands Books Road Tests Series
- Place of PublicationCobham, Surrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBrooklands Books Ltd
- Content Note300ill.
- Weight413 g
- Width201 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byR. M. Clarke
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.