Chi Marathon: The Breakthrough Natural Running Program for a Pain-Free Half Marathon and Marathon by Katherine Dreyer, Danny Dreyer (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.00+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the authors of the bestselling <i>Chi Running</i>, a game-changing training guide for injury-free long distance running. In <i>Chi Marathon</i>, Danny Dreyer, creator of the revolutionary ChiRunning program, highly respected running coach, and accomplished distance runner, takes a whole-body approach to long-distance running--much like T'ai Chi--making ease and efficiency of movement the prime goal of one's training. <i>Chi Marathon </i>is the first book to focus t on building stamina first (though that is covered here) but on how to run all those miles without harming your body. A staggering 80 to 90 percent of marathoners face injuries during their training. This book debunks the myth that marathoners need to push through and beyond pain, and presents a technique-based plan for pain- and injury-free, high-performance half and full marathons. <i>Chi Marathon </i>also shows how to improve your performance by developing your own race-specific training plan tailored to your event, and will help you cross the finish line feeling strong matter your age, body type, or running ability. -Run a marathon or half marathon free of pain and injury -Transform your racing with the training triad: form, conditioning, and mastery -Tap into your chi, an energy source more powerful and enduring than muscles -Teach your mind and body to work together as a team and master your event This is the book that distance runners have been waiting for. With <i>Chi Marathon </i>you can enjoy the run and feel confident matter the distance.
- Author BiographyDanny Dreyer, an esteemed running coach, is a former nationally ranked ultramarathon runner. He conducts workshops worldwide and lectures frequently at races and events. He is the coauthor, with Katherine Dreyer, of ChiRunning and ChiWalking. Katherine Dreyer has more than thirty years of experience in the health, personal growth, and fitness fields. She partners with Danny to coordinate the international ChiRunning, ChiWalking, and ChiLiving programs.
- Author(s)Danny Dreyer,Katherine Dreyer
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width162 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.