All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $18.98Was:AU $24.99Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionThe Western concept of massage primarily concerns muscle manipulation. In the practice of Chi Massage, internal energy, or Chi, is manipulated to strengthen and rejuvenate the sense organs--eyes, ears, se, tongue, teeth, and skin--and the internal organs. The Taoist techniques in this practice are more than 5,000 years old and, until very recently, were closely guarded secrets passed down from master to student with each master often kwing only a small part of the complete method. In Chi Self-MassageMaster Mantak Chia pieces together the entire system of Chi Massage into a logical routine, revealing the methods used by Taoist masters to maintain their youthfulness. He explains the energetic theory behind Chi Massage and how negative emotions affect the organs and nervous system. By practicing the exercises outlined and following the daily routine that requires only 5 to 10 minutes to complete, readers can strengthen their senses--most tably vision, hearing, and taste--detoxify their internal organs and glands, help control negative emotions, relieve stress and constipation, and improve their complexion, teeth and gums, and overall stamina.
- Author BiographyA student of several Taoist masters, Mantak Chia founded the Healing Tao System in 1979. He has taught tens of thousands of students from all over the world and tours the United States annually, giving workshops and lectures. He is the director of the Tao Garden Integrative Medicine Health Spa and Resort training center in northern Thailand and is the author of 25 books, including the bestselling The Multi-Orgasmic Man.
- Author(s)Mantak Chia
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication05/06/2006
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintDestiny Books,U.S.
- Content Note105 b&w illustrations
- Weight221 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Edition, New Edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.