Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe need for this book became apparent to Bruce-Novoa when he first taught a Chica culture course in 1970. His students could find source to satisfy their curiosity about Chica writers' backgrounds, opinions, and attitudes. Chica Authors: Inquiry by Interview provides that information. Fourteen leading Chica authors respond to questions about their personal and educational backgrounds, their perception of the role of the Chica writer, and their evaluation of the literary, linguistic, and sociocultural significance of Chica literature. The authors included are Jose Antonio Villarreal, Rolando Hijosa, Sergio Elizondo, Miguel Mendez M., Abelardo Delgado, Jose Montoya, Tomas Rivera, Estela Portillo, Rudolfo A. Anaya, Bernice Zamora, Ricardo Sanchez, Ron Arias, Ti Villanueva, and Alurista. Each interview is preceded by a brief introductory te which locates the author in the context of Chica literature and provides a sense of his or her writing. Also included are a general introduction to Chica literature, a chrological chart of publications by genre, and a selected bibliography. The volume will be an essential research tool for the student of Chica literature and culture and a useful introduction for the general reader.
- Author BiographyJuan Bruce-Novoa (1944-2010) was Professor of Latin American and U.S. Chicano/Latino Literatures and Cultures, Film Studies, and Critical Theory at the University of California, Irvine.
- Author(s)Juan Bruce-Novoa
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication25/06/1980
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.