All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChicken Licken is worried the sky is going to fall on his head, so he sets off with an increasing band of followers to tell the King. But will he get that far...? * Purple/ Band 8 books offer developing readers literary language, with some challenging vocabulary. * Text type - A traditional tale. * A timeline of events retells this traditional tale for children to discuss and renact. * Curriculum links - Citizenship: Choices; Science: Plants and animals in the local environment. * This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
- Author BiographyJeremy Strong writes books for children, mainly of junior school age, and has a special interest in children who are becoming independent readers and those not particularly interested in reading. All of his books are humorous and about real life situations with a surreal edge. He was born in 1949 in South East London and studied English at York University, after which he became a teacher and Head teacher, leaving the profession in 1991 to write full-time.
- Author(s)Jeremy Strong
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleCollins Big Cat
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight230 g
- Width170 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tony Blundell
- Series Edited byCliff Moon
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.