Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.04
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionClassical Greece, Persia, Byzantium, the Islamic world, Venice, and the art uveau style can all be seen as sources for Chihuly's Persian series, argues art historian Tina Oldkw in 'An Ancient Legacy', her insightful essay in 'Chihuly Persians'. However, she concludes by saying, that the impetus is the marvellous -- la merveille -- that other, magical world where the source of wonder and delight reside. . Oldkw sets the stage for 'Chihuly Persians' by reviewing the accomplishments of his artistic ancestors from the anymous Egyptian makers of core-formed vessels from 1500BC to Louis Comfort Tiffany. She then goes on to discuss in contemporary aesthetic terms Chihuly's romantic Persian series, which began in 1986 as a search for new forms. Particular attention is paid to their use in the architectural context, and the author suggests a comparison with Persian gardens and carpets. Oldkw's thoughtful essay is illustrated by stunning examples of Chihuly's glass works with their swirling colours and exotic forms.
- Author(s)Tina Oldknow
- PublisherPortland Press
- Date of Publication01/12/1997
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPortland Press
- Out-of-print date02/07/2013
- Content Notechiefly colour illustrations
- Weight985 g
- Width290 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.