Child Abuse and Neglect: The School's Response by Connie Burrows Horton, Tracy K. Cruise (Hardback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.88Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSchool professionals have a unique opportunity--and responsibility--to identify and respond to child abuse and neglect. This book provides a succinct review of current kwledge on child maltreatment and links it specifically to practical applications in the schools. Information and strategies are outlined to help school practitioners and other personnel identify signs of abuse, respond sensitively and effectively to student disclosures, and make critically important reporting decisions. Treatment options are discussed in depth, including guidelines for offering school-based clinical services and/or making referrals to outside providers. Other topics covered include consulting with teachers and parents, planning and implementing victimization prevention programs, and coping with compassion fatigue. The book is illustrated throughout with clearly written, relevant case examples. Special features include reproducible overhead transparency masters for use in in-service training.
- Author BiographyConnie Burrows Horton, PhD, is a licensed clinical psychologist and a certified school psychologist, and currently is Director of Counseling and Consultation Services at Illinois Wesleyan University. She earned her master's degree in Counseling at California State University, Fullerton and her doctorate in educational psychology in the school psychology program at the University of Texas, Austin. Throughout her career, Dr. Horton has been involved in the field of child abuse through research, practice, and training roles in a variety of practice and academic settings. Tracy K. Cruise, PhD, is Assistant Professor of Psychology at Western Illinois University (WIU). She received her master's degree in clinical psychology and her doctorate in school psychology from Illinois State University. She teaches and supervises child psychotherapy for both the school psychology and clinical/community mental health graduate programs at WIU. Her research and clinical experience focus on the consequences and mediators of child maltreatment and how such experiences may affect the lives of individuals and families.
- Author(s)Connie Burrows Horton,Tracy K. Cruise
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication18/10/2001
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Notebibliographical references, index
- Weight446 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.