Child and Adolescent Life Stories: Perspectives from Youth, Parents, and Teachers by Marguerite G. Lodico, Katherine H. Voegtle (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $68.27Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $114.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe uniqueness of Child and Adolescent Life Stories lies in the multiple perspectives drawn from youth, their parents, and their teachers. These perspectives provide a range of lenses through which a student or beginning teacher may view child and adolescent development. The complex processes of development occur within a social context, and therefore a professional teacher, administrator, or school psychologist will need to be able to view developmental stages from youths' perspectives as well as from their various social settings. The twelve cases in this book were compiled from interviews and observations done with youth, their parents, and their teachers. The cases were then written from multiple perspectives, allowing the reader an opportunity to understand the influence of family, school, and society on the youths' development. Each case tells a youth's life story, including the events and relationships that have influenced the child and his or her cognitive, social, and emotional development. The youth in these cases represent a cross section of ages and socio-ecomic levels and exhibit diversity in their ethnic backgrounds, religious/spiritual beliefs, gender, family structures, and disabilities. The cases are intended to elicit discussion on a wide range of issues in development. To this end, this book explores many critical (and sometimes controversial) topics, such as teen pregnancy, sexual orientation, disabilities, child abuse, domestic violence, death of a parent, and more. This will allow instructors the greatest possible flexibility in supplementing their courses with life histories and cases. These cases are the perfect illustration of the complexity of a full life history.
- Author BiographyKatherine H. Voegtle (Ph.D. and M.A. University of Cincinnati [Cognitive Psychology] and BS Northwestern University [Journalism]) is Associate Professor of Educational Psychology at The College of Saint Rose. As a research scientist for the American Medical Association, she directed projects aimed at improving adolescent health and wrote policy papers on adolescent maltreatment and school-based sexuality education. She has co-authored several book chapters and journal articles on adolescence. She currently teaches courses in child and adolescent psychology, educational research, and educational psychology. Marguerite G. Lodico (Ed.D. and M.Ed. University of Houston [Educational Psychology] and B.A. State University of New York at Stony Brook [History/Secondary Education]) is Professor of Educational Psychology at College of Saint Rose. She has served as Acting Dean of the School of Education and Department Chair of the department of Educational Psychology. She regularly teaches courses in child psychology, developmental psychology, and educational research. She was honored as the university's Faculty of the Year in 1997 and 2003.
- Author(s)Katherine H. Voegtle,Marguerite G. Lodico
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication12/05/2005
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.