All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionA remarkable poetic account of a man and his daughter. Though relatively unpublished in the Soviet Union until the late 1980s, Gennady Aygi's work has been translated into some twenty languages, and has received major acclaim through many parts of the world. Child-and-Rose is a unique collection of poems and prose chosen and arranged by the author and translator. Taking as its central themes childhood, sleep, and silence in relation to poetic creation, the book is divided into five sections Veronica's Book, Sleep-and-Poetry, Before and After the Book, Silvia's World, and Poetry-as-Silence all written between 1972 and 2002. In this collection, each poem is a carefully crafted space of language that surfaces from the heart of a poetic consciousness at the limits of intelligibility, as the translator tes. Images of Aygi's Chuvash homelandbirches, oaks, sw, roses, fieldsmix with a disrupted syntax, astonishing turns, gaps, and suspensions that all speak to a quiet stillness of being.
- Author BiographyPeter France has published widely on French, Russian, and comparative literature.New Directions publishes his translations of Gennady Aygi.
- Author(s)Gennadii Aigi,Gennady Aygi,Peter France
- PublisherNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication20/05/2003
- LanguageEnglish & Russian
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Weight220 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byPeter France
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.