All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis manual is the highly recommended companion to CPRT: A 10-Session Filial Therapy Model. Accompanied by a CD-Rom of training materials, which allows for ease of reproduction and enhanced usability, the workbook will help the facilitator of the filial training and will provide a much needed educational outline to allow filial therapists to pass their kwledge on to parents. The Treatment Manual provides a comprehensive outline and detailed guidelines for each of the ten sessions, facilitating the training process for both the parents and the therapist. The book contains a designed structure for the therapy training described in the book, with child-centered play therapy principles and skills, such as reflective listening, recognizing and responding to children's feelings, therapeutic limit setting, building children's self-esteem, and structuring required weekly play sessions with their children using a special kit of selected toys. Bratton and her co-authors recommend teaching aids, course materials, and activities for each session, as well as worksheets for parents to complete between sessions. By using this workbook and CD-Rom to accompany the CPRT book, filial therapy leaders will have a complete package for use in training parents to act as therapeutic agents with their own children. They provide the therapist with a complete package for training parents to act as therapeutic agents with their own children.
- Author BiographySue C. Bratton, Ph.D., LPC, RPT-S is Associate Professor in the Department of Counseling, Development and Higher Education at the University of North Texas and the Director of the Center for Play Therapy. She is a past President of the Association for Play Therapy. Garry L. Landreth, Ed.D, LPC, RPT-S is a Regents Professor in the Department of Counseling, Development and Higher Education at the University of North Texas. He is the Founder of the Center for Play Therapy and Director Emeritus of the Association for Play therapy. He is also the author of Play Therapy: The Art of the Relationship, Second Edition and several other books on the topic. Theresa Kellam, Ph.D. is in private practice in individual, couples, and family counseling in Arlington, Texas, and is an adjunct professor at Tarrant County College. She has worked as a filial therapy program director and primary researcher at the Child and Family Guidance Center in Dallas, Texas. Sandra R. Blackard, M.A. is an independent consultant in communication and training. She has previously designed and self-published a series of training manuals for parent-child communication courses, Language of Listening.
- Author(s)Garry L. Landreth,Sandra R. Blackard,Sue C. Bratton,Theresa Kellam
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/07/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white halftones
- Weight676 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.