All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionChild well-being, which covers everything from family relationships to their material well-being, is w increasingly being talked about in policy and practice nationally and internationally. However, a lack of clarity remains about what the idea really means and how it can help children. This book brings together contributions from international experts in order to define child well-being and to further understand how it can improve children's lives. Issues covered include how the idea is being used in government policy and practice in the UK and USA, how children can contribute to the understanding of child well-being, recent advances in the exploration of indicators and measures of well-being, and the importance of context in making comparisons. A concluding chapter explores whether child well-being is a useful concept in understanding children's lives, whether it positively contributes to policy and practice, and the value of international comparisons. This edited collection is essential reading for all those involved in understanding children's lives and who have responsibility for improving them, including practitioners, policymakers, students and academics.
- Author BiographyColette McAuley is Professor of Social Work at the School of Applied Social Science at University College Dublin. She has published widely in the area of children and families, and is co-editor of Enhancing the Well-Being of Children and Families Through Effective Interventions with Peter J. Pecora and Wendy Rose, published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers. Wendy Rose OBE is Senior Research Fellow at the Open University, UK and a former policy maker in the Department of Health. She works on national and international child welfare research development projects and has published widely.
- Author(s)Colette McAuley
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/08/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note25 tables, 8 figures
- Weight381 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byColette McAuley,Gillian Pugh,Wendy Rose
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.