Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.90Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by marlowes_books
- Est. delivery by 31 Jan
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2005, the children from the BBC's groundbreaking Child of Our Time television series reach an important milestone as they turn five years old. Now familiar to millions of viewers who have watched their progress from birth, they have become an invaluable source of inspiration to thousands of parents who are themselves bringing up young children. This book is about those critical first five years of a child's life - it covers all the principal issues raised in the series and a great deal more besides. Society is changing so fast that childhood is t the same w as it was a generation ago, and parents face choices and problems very different from those of their parents or grandparents. Tessa Livingstone, who has worked on the series since its inception and is a mother of two, has brought together a wealth of expert kwledge. The result is an indispensable source of solid information and reassuring guidance to help everyone achieve what is every parent's wish: the best for their child. Why are children happy? How can we encourage good relationships? How confident is your child? Such fundamental questions are discussed at every stage of development, together with issues such as personality, siblings, love, learning, anger, friendship, gender, self-awareness, success, ambition and empathy. Interspersed with the text are games, fun tests and questionnaires to help parents see themselves and their children as individuals with unique needs and gifts. It will help them cope with the many issues over which they have little control, and guide them through those where they can influence and affect their young child's life for the better.
- Author BiographyDr Tessa Livingstone is an executive producer for the BBC. She trained as a psychologist, neuroscientist and journalist. She is also the mother of two teenagers. Tessa Livingstone has worked on the Child of Our Time series since its inception.
- Author(s)Tessa Livingstone
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication03/01/2005
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Out-of-print date10/03/2015
- Content Noteill
- Weight922 g
- Width166 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Foreword byRobert Winston
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.