All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionSixty percent of the epilepsies start in childhood, and most of the clinically significant and often life-changing aspects of the disease occur at this time. Childhood epilepsy is frequently a complex disorder, demanding integrated medical, educational and community services. Its treatment encompasses acute and disability medicine. The many types or syndromes of childhood epilepsy present both diagstic and management challenges. Although many children with epilepsy will be referred to specialist units, the majority will initially present to paediatricians and paediatric neurologists. This book provides a practical, problem-oriented manual to help clinicians with diagsis, evaluation and management. This book addresses epilepsy as an evolving disorder from presentation, through active disease and finally to either spontaneous remission or a chronic lifelong condition. Structured on the child's age at presentation, Childhood Epilepsy offers a practical overview for paediatricians, paediatric neurologists and primary care practitioners who treat children with epilepsy in their daily practice.
- Author BiographyRichard Appleton is Consultant Paediatric Neurologist, the Roald Dahl EEG Unit, Paediatric Neurosciences Foundation, Alder Hey Children's Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool, and Clinical Lecturer, University of Liverpool, UK. Peter Camfield is Professor Emeritus, Department of Pediatrics, Dalhousie University and the IWK Health Center, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/07/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note4 b/w illus.
- Weight360 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byPeter Camfield,Richard E. Appleton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.