Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.34Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents leading experts on the scientific study of gender, providing their views on what we kw today about the relationship between gender nconformity in childhood and future adult sexual identities or behaviors. This book explores the topic from a wide range of perspectives, including historical, sociological, psychological (social and developmental), and psychiatric viewpoints. Parents, parent educators, therapists, and counselors who work with gay, lesbian, and bisexual adolescents or adults and/or gender atypical children will find this resource insightful and very useful. It presents highly respected authorities offering their own expertise and perspectives on a subject of much cultural controversy. Chapters explore: historical and cultural examples which suggest that homoerotic relationships during adolescence or early adulthood do t necessarily lead to homosexuality; the difficulty in identifying an example of a pattern of childhood behaviors that is predictive of outcome; a review of empirical retrospective and prospective literature; whether there is a causal link between childhood gender nconformity and sexual orientation; and the diagstic category of Gender Identity Disorder in the most recent DSM. This book was published as a special issue of the Journal of Gay & Lesbian Mental Health.
- Author BiographyRobin M. Mathy is a doctoral candidate at Oxford University and works as a psychotherapist and addictions counselor. She is co-author (with Frederick L. Whitam) of Male Homosexuality in Four Societies: Brazil, Guatemala, the Philippines, and the United States, and co-editor (with Shelly Kerr) of Lesbian and Bisexual Women's Mental Health (Haworth, 2006). Jack Drescher is a Fellow, Training and Supervising Analyst at the William Alanson White Institute and Adjunct Assistant Professor at New York University Postodoctoral Program in Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2008
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byJack Drescher,Robin M. Mathy
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.