CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThis engagingly written compendium is packed with humorous, dramatic, surprising, and inspiring facts about the past, present, and future of children and childhood. This extensively indexed reference work covers childhood from ancient times to the present day, including child development, family life, child rearing in different cultures, and children in mythology, folklore, and religion. Contemporary issues such as child abuse, poverty, and crime are also covered.
- Author BiographyJOAN BEL GEDDES is a freelance writer and editor who has broad experience in the field of children and childhood. She was the editor-in-chief of several publications and spent more than 25 years as a consultant, information officer, and chief of publications at UNICEF. Bel Geddes received her bachelors degree in sociology and economics from Barnard College and has written several other books including Are You Listening, God? w to Parent Alone: A Guide for Single Parents all World: A History of Baby Care from the Stone Age to the Spock Age d Children Praying: Why and How to Pray with Your Children.
- Author(s)Joan Bel Geddes
- Date of Publication30/01/1997
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1389 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.