All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChildhood can only be understood in relation to the multitude of social factors which surround it. This book is written for students of degrees and foundation degrees in Early Years, Early Childhood Studies and related disciplines. It offers an introduction to the study of childhood and the different contexts within which childhood exists. The text encourages you to re-think childhood. It explores childhood from different contexts from the child within the family, to the global perspective. and the child's own perspective. It enables you to begin to understand childhood in relation to society and to develop the skills to look at childhood from a critical standpoint. This third edition includes a new chapter on The Philosophical Context - the early childhood tradition and the evolution of early years provision adding essential context to the current situation. It has been updated in line with recent changes in the Early Years sector and includes some critical examination of the current emphasis on school readiness.
- Author BiographyRory McDowall Clark originally trained as a nursery and primary teacher in Brighton and has a wide range of experience in broader social contexts including community development with charities, voluntary organisations and outreach youth work. Rory worked as an educational consultant for Cheltenham Borough Council and Gloucestershire County Council before taking up a post in the Centre for Early Childhood at University of Worcester where she has been a senior lecturer for the past 10 years. She has an MA in Sociology: Contemporary Studies and her research interests include gender, cultural views of the child and continuing professional development.
- Author(s)Rory Clark
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication02/11/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $190.23New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.