All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'I entered the world kicking and screaming in 1973. I put my theatrical entrance down to me craving a nicotine fix. Mum smoked, like a chimney, right through the nine months of pregnancy. As far as anyone knew back then smoking was good for the unborn child. I'm pretty sure smoking was even permitted in the Plunket rooms mum and I used to go to before I was born. How I survived to tell the tale of my young years is a miracle - we had seatbelts, bike helmets, sun screen, we had trampolines with exposed springs, playgrounds with concrete floors, we shared bath water, the dentist was kwn as the murder house and we had to endure summers with lawn prickles as ferocious as land-mines. Back then service stations gave you service and petrol. I never saw mum get out of the car at a forecourt, she'd just wind the window down and hold the money out. If she tried that w she could be parked up at the pumps long eugh for her family to file a missing persons report. This is the story of my childhood. But it is probably the story of yours as well if you grew up in the 1980s. This is a book for any New Zealander who has ever been told to stop crying or you will be given something to really cry about.'
- Author BiographyDom Harvey is the best-selling author of Bucket List of an Idiot.
- Author(s)Dom Harvey
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationAuckland, N.Z.
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width129 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.