About this product
- DescriptionA little more than one percent of the total AIDS cases in the United States have occurred in children, but, alarmingly, the number is growing. Children, Adolescents, and AIDS is the report of the American Psychological Association task force on pediatric AIDS. It is the first study to address a wide range of medical, psychological, social, legal, and ethnical issues confronting young patients and their families. Edited by Jeffrey M. Seibert and Roberta A. Olson, the book draws on the expertise of researchers, clinicians, and other professionals. Brian E. Novick opens with a medical overview of what is kwn about AIDS/HIV iinfection in children, written for nspecialists. Then Seibert, Ana Garcia, Marcy Kaplan, and Anita Septimus discuss the needs of HIV-infected children, their families, and their communities that have been identified in model programs in Miami, Los Angeles, and New York City. Next, Patrick J. Mason and Roberta Olson consider the special problems of hemophiliac children with AIDS. Marsha B. Liss reviews the policies being developed by school systems toward HIV-infected children; and Sally E. Dodds, Marilyn Volker, and Helen Viviand focus on bringing the sensitive issues of sex and drugs into curricula aimed at educating students about the basic facts of AIDS and its prevention. Heather C. Huszti and Dale D. Chitwood assess prevention efforts directed to adolescents and women of child-bearing age. Finally, Joni N. Gray discusses the legal and ethical issues surrounding pediatric AIDS.
- Author BiographyJeffrey M. Seibert, formerly an associate professor of pediatrics at the University of Miami School of Medicine and codirector of the Pediatric AIDS Psychosocial Project there, is currently on the staff of the Center for Attitudinal Healing in Tiburon, California. Roberta A. Olson is an associate professor of clinical psychology at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1989
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Weight553 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byJeffrey M. Seibert,Roberta A. Olson
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $19.25Trending at AU $20.63
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.